MY HOT Video List

My HOT Music List

Monday, April 30, 2007

My Good Friends and My Favourite Place on Earth

I'm back with my 3rd Blog!!!

First would like to thank my FRIENDS for their comments, encouragements and the very warm welcome on my 1st Blog! Pls keep the comments coming!
I must say "IT'S SOOOOOO FUN BLOGGING!" hehehe...

My BEST friend, Faizal, is currently fulfilling his dreams...travelling Europe! He's on his well deserved holiday; 18 DAYS IN EUROPE!!! Recieved a sms from him 2 nights ago telling me he's in Oslo. He saw and touched snow for the 1st time of his life, he was excited! He said he's so "suaku".
Don't worry gal, I properly will be just like you (or even worse) if I was there. But 1st, I'm still not "over" with Pattaya and how can I travel to different parts of the world??? :-P

Pattaya, Thailand! My favourite get-a-way resort! Goes there at least thrice a year? Last visit was on my birthday (12 April)...almost didn't make it there cos my colleague and I wanted to try something new, this small city 3 1/2hrs bus journey Northeast of Thailand, called Nakorn Ratchatsima or in short, Korat. Probably we didn't do enough "homework" before going, the area we stayed is NOT (I repeat, "NOT") for tourists! Situah (my colleague) and I were the Only tourists! So we decided to take a 3 1/2hrs bus ride to Bangkok and another 2hrs bus ride to Pattaya after 1 night in Korat. It was a long journey but a brilliant decision! Felt like home when our bus arrived at the Pattaya bus interchange. "Relieved"

Met a regular guest (Thai) in the Hotel I work after my short get-away. He told me Korat has a very nice resort too...???
WHERE?????

Anyway, my usual Pattaya-"kaki", Carol is currently in Pattaya celebrating her birthday (HATE her!). My other Pattaya-"kaki", Selamat was also planning to go there over the weekends!!!
Well, Carol, Selamat & I usually travel together...they, too, are "ADDICTS" of Pattaya.
Carol has a boyfriend in Pattaya.
Selamat or "Azmi" (a name he used everytime the plane touch down in Bangkok airport), like me, loves the sand, beach, sun and the... "PARTIES".
We travelled so much together that we somehow knew what the other party wanted to do when we're in Pattaya. Now, that's what I called, REAL TRAVELLING "KAKIS"!

Met Selamat when I'm serving the army. He's also and still a fulltime/professional Musician in the army; he plays the French Horn. I knew him for...at least 10 years?
Met Carol after I leave the army. She was my fellow colleague as a tour guide in Sentosa. It's been... 7 years?
Met Faizal through a mutual friend. Knew him for...13 years!!!!!
These 3 are the BEST of my BEST friends!

People always asked me "Why Pattaya???", "You been there so many times, aren't you bored???". Funny thing is......I'm not! I just love the lifestyle there; relaxed and slow moving. And of cos, not forgetting what Thailand is famous for....NO! NOT the ago-go bars...it's the smile of the people "Land Of Thousand Smiles"!!!
I actually dreamt of moving there when I retired. Taking my CFP money with me and buy a nice sea-view, 3 storeys bangalow with a swimming pool facing the sea. But 1st, better start buying TOTO!
But then again, going there on a holiday and moving there to stay for good are 2 different things. Hmmmmmm....... anyway it's long long way to my retirement, or maybe not too far away? "frown"

Anyway, my next trip to you-know-where is in July. Bought the ticket in November last year when there was those special offers; "buy the tickets now and fly between when to when". It was a "2 cents" ticket!!! But, of cos, I have to pay for the taxes which came up to S$123...
However, my annual leave is not even approved yet! Keeping my fingers crossed!
I prayed to the 4 face Buddha when I was there in April, so I guess my leave should be approve?

5 comments:

Helmi said...

Yes, I agree with you. Thailand is a nice place. I've only been to Bangkok once and I am impressed with the people. Thais are indeed nice.

FrankieThai said...

I'm not really a "Bangkok" person cos 1st, I felt it's not much diffenerce from SG as the life-style is as fast moving as SG (so I won't feel like I'm on Hoiliday), 2nd the traffic!!!
Still prefer the the relaxing, slow moving Pattaya. And ppl there are so much nicer!!!
Hmmmmm we should plan a trip together...? But of cos the night life we will have to split. Hahaha

chinggg said...

hey initially i also was thinkin' u can retire and move to thailand since its ur love! ma dad has such plans too hehe but not me.

FrankieThai said...

Ya I really wanted to however I think it's very different; going there for holiday and living there are 2 different issues...?

ah fun said...

haha.. i cldnt stop laughin when u said in ur last sentence 'i prayed to the 4 face Buddha when i was there in april, so i guess my leave should be approved'?! i hope Buddha reads ur blog so it'll reinforce ur prayers. heehee juz kidding hor!