MY HOT Video List

My HOT Music List

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Imaginary Friend

Just finished my night auditing. This round of night shift is a little scary.

See, about 2 weeks ago, my niece was in my room "chatting" with me; she's coming to 5 soon and as you know kids this young can hardly pronounce words thus I usually just entertain her by saying "yes", "no", "ya", "mmm" and so on and not understanding most of her speech.

Then suddenly she said, "Jie Jie go already"; "Jie Jie" means elder sister in Mandarin. At first I thought she meant my neighbour's daughter who's much older than my niece. However, I realised from my room, we were not able to see the main entrance of the house and definitely not anyone at the corridor. So I asked my little niece who she meant. She said once again "Jie Jie go already", this time pointing towards my room's door or maybe her room which was facing mine.

By now, I'm having a little goosebumps. I asked her "where got Jie Jie?". She said "There...Jie Jie going to my room already." and in a split second, she turn her vision away from the door and continued our "conversation" like she had not mentioned anything about "Jie Jie".

My hair on every parts of my body STAND!!!......and I mean EVERY parts of my body!!!

Just a few days ago, something similar happened. I was preparing to go to work and was doing my hair in the kitchen. She came out from her room and we were "chatting" away...again. All of a sudden she ran to the living room and back to the kitchen, giggling away...like she was having fun. I usually like to call her "crazy girl" when she does stupid things like that, so I called out to her... "you crazy ah?".

Again, she said something that made my hair on EVERY parts of my body stand; "I'm playing with my friend". Then she ran to the living room and back again doing the same thing...giggling away.

Keeping a straight face and trying to act I'm the last person to be bothered about such things, I took the courage (or whats left in me), I asked my niece, loudly; "you crazy ah, where got friend?". She then pointed to the...er the space next to her and said "there, my friend." Again, she ran to the living room but this time to her room...still giggling away.

Many people believe kids at a certain age have imaginary friends but some believe kids at a certain age are able to see "things" adults can't.

So the "Jie Jie" and my niece's "friend" are imaginary?

Thinking of the above, my round of night shift this time is a little scarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry!

6 comments:

LeiyA said...

btw, ur story had inspired me n nickole to "scare" the guests when it is our last day at work... haha

FrankieThai said...

Ya...just imagine ALL the staff doing that...everyone is talking to the "space" beside us...
*shivers*

ah fun said...

haha i can imagine how much fun u guys wld be having.. but make sure its on ur last day that u all do it hor.. imagine guest scolding u then u suddenly excuse urself and say u need to answer the phone when its not ringing then when u hang up u start talkin to the air beside u tryin to narrate wad happened over the call... haha it'll scare the shit out of the guest!

Anonymous said...

calling would be that scary. imagine gst wanna see ur manager and u just turn to ur left or right and talking to the air say 'XXX this gst mr XXX want to speak to manager' and in a very serious tone narrate to it the incident. better still as though u are holding it by the arm, 'pull' her to the side and start talking, not forgetting to give gst occasional eye contacts. PWOAH! faint man!

eh ftee, go get a holy statue or sumthing to give u a piece of mind lah!

-nickole-

Anonymous said...

aiya invite me to your hse i help you scare the so call 'jiejie' away using my powerful ugly face.

cindy

Anonymous said...

wahahah ... i love the way cindy deal with the situation ... lol ... let's see who's the JIE JIE now ...

-ed-